Terms & Conditions
Register with us
You may be required to register with Glide in order to access certain contents and use certain functions, including to access Glide’s website (“Website”), including but not limited to the submission of travel experience, reviews, comment, purchasing services, redemption of gifts and so forth (“Glide Member(s)”). In order to create an account (“Account“) you agree represent, warrant and covenant with us that:-
- Your personal particulars are true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading in all respects, and further undertake to promptly update Glide if there is any subsequent change in such particulars. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, non-current or incomplete, or else Glide has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, non-current or incomplete, Glide has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Platforms.
- You are at least 18 years old or above and capable of forming a legally binding contract; and
- if you register an Account on behalf of another person, a company or a business, that you have the authorization to do so;
- You do not select a username or password that violates any person’s rights or one that in our opinion is offensive, improper or inappropriate. If you do so, we reserve the right to modify or delete the username or password and/or terminate your Account with the Platforms. In any event, we shall not be liable in any way for any improper use of a username or password by any user.
Access and Use of the Service
- To use the Web, you must have a compatible device. Glide does not warrant that the Web will be compatible with the device that you use.
- We may provide you with emails, push notifications, alerts, and other messages related to the Web and/or our Services, such as enhancements, offers, products, events, and other promotions. You will be asked to accept or deny push notifications/alerts. If you deny, you will not receive any push notifications/alerts. If you accept, push notifications/alerts will be automatically sent to you. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications/alerts from the Web, you may opt-out by changing your notification settings on your account. With respect to other types of messaging or communications, such as emails, text messages, etc., you can unsubscribe or opt-out by following the specific instructions included in such communications.
- Glide reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Glide will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- You acknowledge that Glide may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Services and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on Glide’s servers on your behalf. You agree that Glide has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained or uploaded by the Services. You acknowledge that Glide reserves the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Glide reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
- You are solely and entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures. You must not disclose it to any third party. In no event shall Glide be responsible or liable for any loss or damage in relation to the unauthorized use of your Account by any person; you will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach theof security with respect to the use of the Services; and
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you has knowledge of your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify Glide at email@example.com.
- You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder. You understand that you may voluntarily terminate your use of and delete your account from the Platforms by using the applicable deactivation mechanism provided on the Platforms.
Our Intellectual Property Rights
We own or are the licensee(s) of “Our Content“, which includes, but is not limited to, all intellectual property rights on the Platform (including all copyright, patents, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain names, social media identifiers, designs, whether registered or unregistered) and materials, information and Your Content on the Platform or accessed as part of the Services, any database operated by Glide, all the Platforms’ design, text, graphics, software, photos, video, music, sound, data, all software compilations, underlying source code and software (including applets and scripts), and all the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement. You understand and agree that Our Content is protected and you will not download, copy, modify, reproduce, print or distribute Our Content in any way unless you have received our prior written permission. Copying or storing of any Content other than personal and non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Glide or from the copyright holder identified in such Contents copyright notice.
When you make a purchase, you agree not to use an invalid or unauthorised payment method. If your payment method fails and you still get access to the content you are enrolling in, you agree to pay us the corresponding fees within thirty (30) days of notification from us. We reserve the right to disable access to any content for which we have not received adequate payment.
We reserve the right to apply your refund as a refund credit or a refund to your original payment method, at our discretion, depending on capabilities of our payment service providers, the Platform from which you purchased your content, and other factors. No refund is due to you if you request it 30 days before the start of content/course. However, if the content you previously purchased is disabled for legal or policy reasons, you are entitled to a refund beyond this 30-days limit. Glide also reserves the right to refund students beyond the 30-day limit in cases of suspected or confirmed account fraud.
Glide reserves the right to charge you on admin fee if you request for a refund unilaterally.
Your Content and the permission you give us
You agree that Glide is free to use, disclose, adopt and modify all and any ideas, concepts, proposals, suggestions, comments and other communications and information provided by you in connection with your use of the Platforms/Systems without any remuneration or compensation to you. You hereby waive all and any rights and claims for any consideration, fees, royalties, charges and/or other payments in relation to Glide’s use, disclosure, adoption and/or modification of such ideas, concepts, proposals, suggestions, comments and/or other communications and information.
Glide takes no responsibility whatsoever for Your Content on the Platforms or any of Your Content sent through the Platforms, or for any of Your Content lost and does not make any representations or warranties regarding the content or accuracy of any material therein. Your Content of any kind made by you or any third-party is made by the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not by Platforms. Other Glide Members may post content that is inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Glide does not endorse and is not responsible for any content, and will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such content. Such content reflects the opinions of the person submitting it and may not reflect the opinion of Glide. Glide does not control or endorse any content, and specifically disclaims any liability concerning or relating to Your contribution of, use of, or reliance on any content and any actions resulting from your participation in any part of the Platforms or Services, including any objectionable content.
You may not access or collect data from our Platforms or Services using automated means (without our prior written permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
Limitation or Termination of the Services
In the event that Glide limits or terminates the use of the Services, you agree that Glide reserves the right, at any time, to take such action as it considers appropriate, desirable or necessary including but not limited to taking legal actions against you. Glide shall have no obligation to deliver any of Your Content to you at any time, both before or after cessation of the Services or upon removal of Your Content from the Platforms.
Disclaimer of warranties
You acknowledge and agree that (i) Glide shall not be responsible in any way for any direct or indirect damage or loss that may arise or result from the use of the Platform, for whatever reason made and that (ii) Glide shall not be liable for any default of obligations or duties directly or indirectly caused by or resulted from any causes beyond the Glide’s reasonable control, including but not limited to Internet failure or any system default.
As permitted by applicable law, you expressly agree that use of the Platform is at your sole risk. Neither Glide or its subsidiaries or affiliates or any of its respective employees, agents, merchants, third-party content providers or licensors or any of their officers, directors, employees or agents, warrant that the use of the Platform will be uninterrupted, secure, virus-free, or error free, nor do they make any warranty as to (a) the results that may be obtained from use of the Platform, or (b) the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of (i) the user contents on the Platform, including, without limitation, offerings, products, or other available programs, (ii) descriptions of offerings, products, or other available programs, or (iii) user contents provided through the platform. The platform and all content, user contents and other information contained on the Platform, offerings, products and other available programs accessible or available through the Platform, are made accessible or available on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the extent allowed by applicable law, Glide hereby disclaims any and all representations, warranties, and conditions, whether express, implied, or statutory, as to the operation of the Platform or the user contents or other information contained on the Platform or the offerings, products, or other available programs accessible or available through the Platform, including, without limitation, those of title, non-infringement, non-interference, merchantability, suitability, and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as warranties implied from a course of performance or course of dealing.
Limitation of Liability
The liability limitations in this clause are not intended to limit any express representations or warranties by Glide that are included in other applicable terms, nor are they intended to limit remedies you might have for product-related injury.
You agree to indemnify, and hold harmless Glide, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, its officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors and assigns from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and litigation expenses on a full indemnity basis) made against Glide by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Platform and its Services.
When you use the Platform or send emails to Glide, you are communicating with Glide electronically and consent to receive electronic communications related to your use of the Platform. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Platform. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Notices from Glide will be considered delivered to you and effective when sent to the email address you provide on the Platform or from which you otherwise email Glide.
Should there be any inconsistency between the English version and any version in other language, the English version shall always prevail.
For any query, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via +852 6146 8385.
Effective date: last updated on 18 January 2023.